Cheek Augmentation Surgery in Bend, Oregon
Well-defined cheeks are expressive. They highlight your eyes, accentuate your smile, and define the shape of your face. In contrast, underdeveloped cheekbones make the face look flat and expressionless. They often make the nose and jaw appear more prominent and may expose depressions under the eye, causing a tired appearance that typically worsens with age. Cheek Augmentation Surgery in Bend, Oregon(malar augmentation), a relatively simple procedure, restructures underdeveloped cheekbones, helping to minimize other prominent features such as the nose, chin, and jaw and restoring a more vibrant appearance.
The implants are composed of a safe, non-reactive, and permanent material that promotes attachment to the surrounding soft tissue. This material comes in custom shapes and sizes to suit your individual needs and can be easily removed or changed at a later date, if so desired. After carefully discussing your goals and expectations, your surgeon can recommend the appropriate course of action for you. Cheek augmentation is often performed in combination with rhinoplasty, neck liposuction, and/or chin augmentation.
The procedure is performed in our offices, usually on an outpatient basis. Cheek augmentation is typically performed with local anesthesia and sedation. With local anesthesia you'll be awake during the procedure but anesthetized and relaxed. The surgery takes from 1 to 2 hours, depending on the extent of the procedure.
- Eat a balanced, nutrient-rich diet before surgery. A healthy diet will help speed recovery. Also plan ahead and prepare nutritious meals that are easy to warm up so that you won't need to spend too much time in the kitchen during your recovery.
- If you smoke, abstain from smoking for at least six weeks before and after surgery. This reduces the risk of infection and encourages faster healing.
- Do not take any medicines containing aspirin or ibuprofen during the two weeks preceding surgery.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery.
- Be certain you do not have a cold or sunburn the day of surgery.
- Do not wear make-up or contact lenses to surgery.
- Arrange to have someone take you home after surgery and, if possible, help you around the house for a few days while you recover
As with any surgery, there is the risk of complication. Most complications associated with endoscopy are minor and will pass with time. Possible complications include damage to the nerves that control eyebrow movement (usually temporary), infection, bleeding, and reactions to the anesthesia. You can reduce your risk of complications by closely following instructions both before and after surgery.
If a complication should occur during an endoscopic forehead lift, your surgeon may have to abandon the endoscopic approach and switch to the conventional, open procedure, which will result in a more extensive scar and a longer recovery period. To date, such complications are rare -- estimated at less than 1 percent of all endoscopy procedures.
For Cheek Augmentation Surgery in Bend, Oregon Contact Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Villano by Email or contact us by phone at (541) 312-3223